Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stuff I Like This Week


About halfway through and it's damn funny. If you've ever worked in an office, you know these people. The book is about the gossipy, self-indulgent, procrastinating and deceiving creative crew at an ad agency just after the dotcom bubble burst. I'm currently at an ad agency in a technical capacity, and I can easily picture the people I see every day within the pages of this book. Plus, it's the first novel by a fellow named Joshua Ferris, and you've got to love it when a first-timer knocks one out like this.


Wilco's "Hate It Here" is on high rotation on my iPod, the rest of the album is climbing with a bullet.


Yes. count me in with the BSG fans eagerly awaiting the start of the fourth season this Friday. I'm a few episodes away from the end of the third season and I love the journey this series has taken. Yes, it's set on a spaceship. Get over it. This isn't your daddy's sci-fi, this is a rich character-driven ensemble drama, set on a spaceship.

No comments: