Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stuff I Like This Week

Super busy at work this week, plus I'm working the nights so I can shuttle The Prince to school most mornings, and when I get time I'm working on my animated-film story (which is nicely coming along), so no blogging of late as you can see.

I am voraciously ripping through a novel during my commute, however, and even though I'm not finished, I feel compelled to recommend Cormac McCarthy's The Road.

Even though it's won the Pulitzer and the 2006 James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction AND was one of Oprah's Book Club selections, I'm sure my recommendation will make a difference and get Mr. McCarthy some well-deserved recognition [/smirk]. This is a brutal read, gripping and poetic. Read it now.



UPDATE: I've just finished and I feel like I've taken a 2x4 to the gut. Heart-breaking.

No comments: