Thursday, March 6, 2008

Write Me Up

I haven't been working on the newlywed comedy for the past week, but I expect to get some work in daily over the next two weeks and beyond. What I have been doing is working on an idea for a kid's movie, specifically an idea for a CG-animated movie. What's funny to me about it is that it's based on the same old German genre silent I based Brother's Keeper on, it's just a different and updated take on the material. It's all very loose now, but it would have the relationship between a kid and a surrogate parent at its heart, the idea of accepting someone as family even though they are not related by blood. There's an additional wrinkle that will be the hook, I'll share that later as it takes shape.

What inspired me to try writing a kid's movie (aside from the bombardment of kid's movies I get at home) is that I'll be taking a trip to Disney next month for a Pixar-related event, and I wondered for a moment if Pixar folk will be attending. If I can wrestle a treatment out to bring along, I'd at least be prepared to pitch someone. It's a huge long shot, but it wouldn't hurt to have it in my pocket just in case.

No comments: